Euro Shippers is committed to providing you with all the necessary help or advice needed to make your move as hassle-free as possible. To get you started, we have listed a few helpful tips for you to follow when preparing for your relocation.
The earlier you decide the date of move the more you are going to save!
Advance reservations will aid you to cut the moving costs to almost a half. Further, the seasons of May to Labor day are the busiest, so if you can plan your move in any other time in the year, you could be saving lot of money.
The most important thing that you can do to save time, money, confusion and frustration! You need to use common sense when packing. Pack heavier things like books and canned goods in smaller boxes, and pack lighter things in progressively larger boxes. The boxes should never be heavier than what you can handle.
The Tool Box
Don't pack your toolbox, you may need some of your tools on move day.
Don't pack your checkbook. Always keep the checkbook at some place available to you. Things may come up unexpectedly that require check payment.
Don’t put important papers in storage
If you are putting your goods in storage, don't pack important papers like passports, driver's licenses, birth certificates, etc.
Final Walk Through
Do a walk through a couple of times over the entire house from which you are moving after the truck has been loaded with it's contents. Double check all cabinets, drawers, closets, pantries, bins, attic, basement, garage and storage lockers. Be absolutely certain that everything has been loaded onto the truck before releasing the moving crew.
- All the loose items must be cleared off of furniture.
- Do not water plants three days prior to the move.
- File cabinets - All lateral files must be completely empty.
- Waterbeds must be totally drained before arrival.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be completely empty and defrosted.
- Drain fuel from land mowers and other household machinery.
- Remember to forward mail - cut off all services, and change addresses with banks, credit card companies, etc.